If not all, many cat owners struggle with the cleaning and controlling of cat litter dust and smell, however, there are many developers and engineers who, of course, utilizes the latest technologies, to create and produce a proper and best cat air purifier that could help with these unwanted situations which in turn could be the best solution for you and your home.
Not every air purifier would work out as intended or advertised, specifically about the ones that can help keep up with cat litter dust and smell, however, they should still be able to kill the germs the loitered cat litter produces, and these air purifiers idea can ideally help protect you from cat litter allergens. It should be able to cover enough areas of your room or other parts of your house as well. We gathered the best 6 of the ones we have tried that are specifically designed to fight off unwanted cat litter dust and smell. Check them out below.
First, here’s the summary of the best 3:
Top 6 Best Air Purifier For Cat Litter Dust & Smell
1. CritterZone Air Naturalizer
The CritterZone Air Naturalizer is an air naturalizer that is specifically designed to deal with cat litter dust and smell. It does something similar as the natural process of cleansing the air outside between the odor pollutants and the sun and does the same thing in your room. The good thing about this unit is that it does not have a filter which makes it convenient for you as you do not have to replace or clean any filters.
- No filters therefore easy to clean
- Mimics natural cycle of air in your room
- Effectively removes pathogens from air: molds, allergens, viruses
- Does not produce ozone
- Aesthetics not so good
Check out the price on their website
2. HATHASPACE Smart Air Purifier
The HATHASPACE Smart Air Purifier is one of the best in our list that includes a four-stage H11 HEPA Filter and an HSP001 Air Purifier which helps protect you against dust and allergens, cat hair and dander, smoke and VOCs, and even viruses and bacteria. It has the ability to replace air once per hour in a room that is up to 700 sq. ft.
- Energy Star Certified, CARB approved, and 100% ozone free
- Features a pelletized activated carbon filter
- Uses H11 HEPA core particle filter
- Built-in laser particle sensor and numeric display
- CADR – not AHAM verified
- Not Wi-Fi enabled
Read over 10,000 reviews and check the price on their website
3. LEVOIT Air Purifier Small
The LEVOIT Air Purifier is an air purifier for cat litter odor and dust filter that features H13 HEPA air purifier that is able to filter at least 99.97% of cat litter dust that are 0.3 microns. This means that it has three layers of defense: the Pre-Filter which protects you against cat fur, hair, fibers, lint, and of course, dust; the previously mentioned H13 True HEPA Filter which can filter very fine dust, dander, pollen, smoke particles, mold spores, and even dust mites; lastly, the Activated Carbon Filter which is your defense against fumes, smoke, odours, and VOCs.
- Three-filter system – makes the device last longer and better in capturing cat litter dust
- Good for rooms that are up to 215 sq. ft.
- Energy efficient – Energy Star Certified
- No harmful emissions
- Compatible with most replacement filters
- Core 300-RF-PA – pet allergy filter
- Some customer complaints says that it gives off a plastic-like smell
Read over 41,000 reviews and check the price on their website
4. LEVOIT Air Purifier
This version of LEVOIT Air Purifier has the ability to clean 300 sq. ft. or 28 sq. m. within 18 minutes. Similar with the other version, it also features a three-stage filtration system: the H13 True Filter that has the ability to capture 99.97% of airborne particles the size of 0.3 microns such as cat dander, pollen, and mold spores; the Washable Pre-Filter that you only wash once per month but still functions well for the whole month in trapping larger particles such as cat fur and lint; and the Activated Carbon Filter that has the ability to absorb unwanted smells such as VOCs and cat odors.
- Three-filter system – means that it captures the tiniest possible dust there is
- Good for rooms that are up to 300 sq. ft.
- Energy efficient
- Does not give off harmful emissions
- Compatible with several replacement filters
- Features pet allergy filter
- Customer complains that it smells out of the box and gives off a noticeable smell after a few days.
- Some customers claim that the harder it filters, the dirtier the air becomes.
Read over 11,000 reviews and check the price on their website
5. RENPHO Smart WiFi Air Purifier
The RENPHO SMart Wi-FI Air Purifier is one of the few in the air purifier for the cat litter market that is Wi-Fi enabled. We can say that it is one of the greatest in our list because it features air quality monitoring, set timer, sleep mode, adjustable fan speed, and many more. This Wi-Fi-featured device allows you to control many of its functions such as setting the timer, selecting sleep mode, or adjusting its fan speed. It also works with Google Assistant and Alexa which allows you to turn on and off the air purifier itself.
This air purifier for cat odours features a built-in auto quality sensor which helps detect the air quality inside your room and auto-adjust the colors and fan speed depending on the air quality at the moment: blue means good and sets it the fan to low speed; yellow means general and adjusts the fan to medium speed; red means unhealthy which changes the fan speed to high.
- Wi-Fi and app enabled
- Good for rooms up to 1068 sq. ft
- Features a five-stage filtration system
- Monitors air quality and changes fan speed accordingly
- Allows you to create filtration schedule
- Auto-adjusting fan speed
- Features sleep mode
- Wi-Fi setup can be confusing
- Air sensor too sensitive
- Coverage is not so great as advertised
Read over 900 reviews and check the price on their website
6. MOOKA Air Purifier, H13
The MOOKA Air Purifier is also a good air purifier for cat litter dust that features a lock function that helps to prevent human or pet error in operation that usually are accidental or out of curiosity. It also features a three-stage purification system: with the first stage being the fine pre-filter, the second stage being the H13 True HEPA filter, and the last stage being the activated fiber.
- Features a lock function that prevents error in operation by pets and children
- H13 three-stage purification system that removes 99.97% of indoor pollutants
- Good for rooms up to 430 sq. ft.
- Features a clear display panel
- Does not feature app
- No monitoring feature
Read over 4,000 reviews and check the price on their website